Newcomers to Weaver’s Pond may be unfamiliar with what attractions Zebulon offers. Here are 5 Zebulon attractions we love!
- A great recreational area is the Robertson Millpond Preserve just north of U.S. 264. It is 85 acres of pristine, beautiful country that is perfect for boating, fishing and walking on trails for scenery and solitude from sunrise to sunset during the weekends. Note that there are no restroom facilities or water fountains are on the site, so be prepared in advance.
- For a fun yet challenging golf course, sign up for a game at Zebulon Country Club. The facility, located at 2424 Pearces Road, allows non-members to play under certain restrictions seven days a week, with no tee times required until spring play resumes. It offers 5,900 yards of golf from the longest tee for a par of 72, with a course rated 65.8 with a slope rating of 108.
- Accentuate the interior look of your new home at Weaver’s Pond with the work of Whitley Furniture Galleries at 101 W. Vance St. A family-owned local tradition handed down four generations since 1909, the galleries include a design center where a team is ready to help you narrow down what accessories work best for you.
- The preseason activities of the Carolina Mudcats team at Five County Stadium, located at 1501 N.C. Highway 39, involve more than just playing baseball starting in April through the fall. Cattails Restaurant is open during winter hours for special events with a seasonal menu and accepting reservations of parties of six or more. Call (919) 861-7501 for more information.
- For a fun time for your kids, bring them to Whitley Park at 601 N. Wakefield St. Its facilities include two picnic shelters, playgrounds, two tennis courts, restrooms and a concert pavilion. Whitley Park is available for rent as are three other facilities that comprise the Zebulon Park System for recreational purposes.