December is here, and so is a month full of fun holiday festivities!
Zebulon’s Christmas parade occurs early in the month, and has already passed. But if you and your family are looking for more holiday fun, there are plenty more holiday events occurring in and around Zebulon.
- Sunday, Dec. 10 – Milk and Cookies with Santa: Enjoy Santa’s favorite snack with him! Located at Masonic Lodge 111 East Horton Street Zebulon, NC 27597.
- Sunday, Dec 10 – Zebulon Woman’s Club Holiday Home Tour: Homeowners have opened up their homes to the community during this Christmas season. This self-guided tour begins at Zebulon Woman’s Club, 405 W. Sycamore Street Zebulon, NC 27597. Homes are open from 3 to 6 p.m. Tickets are $10.
As you know Zebulon is extremely close to North Carolina’s capital, Raleigh. Here are some fun and festive events happening down the road during the month of December.
- Dec. 1 – 10 – A Charlie Brown Christmas: Every Sunday, Friday, and Saturday, enjoy this Christmas classic at the Theatre In The Park in Raleigh. A sensory Friendly Performance takes place Dec. 9 at 11 a.m.
- Nov 24 – Dec 24 – Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical: Watch the beloved classic live at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts in Downtown Raleigh.
- Dec. 9 and 10 – Mordecai Historic Park’s Holiday Open House: Tour this historic home as it would have been decorated for Christmas of years past. Admission is free.
- Nov 22 – Dec 31 – Lake Myra Christmas Lights: Go see the beautiful Christmas lights in Wendell.
As it gets closer to Christmas and Hanukkah, more events will be happening in North Carolina. Check out the Visit Raleigh calendar for more information on Wake County holiday events.
If you’re willing to travel farther afield, Carolina Parent also has a comprehensive list of events in the area.