This summer is going to be an exciting one in Zebulon! The Parks and Recreation Department and other organizations are hosting tons of activities for the whole family to enjoy. The best part is that most of these events are free to attend. Here are six summer activities to try:
- Family Play Time is a chance for the family to get out of the house for some exercise and fun! Play Time takes place every Monday at the Zebulon Community Center from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Zebulon Farm Fresh Market is open for the season. You can enjoy and purchase local fresh produce and baked goods every Saturday at the Zebulon Municipal Complex. The market will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. from now until October.
- Family Movie Night is held at the Zebulon Community Center every second Friday of the month. The doors open at 6:30, and the movie begins at 7 p.m. Free popcorn and water are available. Call 919-823-0432 to hear what’s playing. The next movie dates are:
- Friday, June 9
- Friday, July 14
- Friday, August 11
- The Picnic on the Lawn is Saturday, June 10. Get outside, enjoy a picnic, and listen to live music and entertainment. The event is from 6 to 8 p.m.
- The Pride in North Carolina Art Class will take place Thursday, June 8. This event is for anyone age 18 and up. There will be wood cut-outs and paint provided; unleash your creative side! Tickets are $20.
- The town will host an Ice Cream Social and Movie Day July 7 at the Zebulon Community Center. This will be the perfect treat on a hot summer day, and tickets are only $2 per person.
Zebulon Parks and Recreation is also hosting summer camps for children, exercise classes for adults, youth sports such as soccer and baseball, and even an opportunity to Meet the Mudcats. For other events, try the Zebulon Community Library or check out the Carolina Mudcats schedule.