When you begin your home search, one of the first questions you’ll ask yourself is if you want a custom-built home or a production home. Although there are benefits to both, a custom home is a great option for those families looking to have a more hands-on approach to the building process. Here are five reasons to choose a custom built home:
- You get to make it your own. A production or previously owned home will have the style and preferences of someone else, but when you choose a custom-built home, you can select many aspects of your home. There is no feeling like walking into your new home designed by you for you.
- You know your appliances will last With previously owned homes, you may have to replace most of the existing appliances. They may not work correctly, may break within a year or two, or may not be your preferred model or color. With a custom-built home, you can choose the appliances that are best for you, and they will be under warranty!
- There is little to no maintenance required. If you purchase an older home, there’s no telling what you may find hiding behind the walls. A seemingly perfect house may turn out to have a ton of issues that will cost you big bucks to fix. With a custom home, you can feel confident that everything in your house is new and in tip-top shape when you move in.
- Location, location, location. If you are searching for a home that has already been built, you may have to sacrifice location for the perfect home. This isn’t the case when you build your own. You can choose the perfect home for you and your family, while also having it built in the location you choose.
- Energy efficient. New homes that are being built now are much more energy efficient than homes built even 10 years ago. This will save you time, money, and energy in the long run.
Weaver’s Pond has a great team of custom home builders. Visit our website to learn more about our custom home builders and the options they provide for families interested in living in Weaver’s Pond.